RobotStudio event

IBM T61p laptop?

Options

Anyone using the IBM T61p laptop to run virtual software?

Are you getting problems?

Is it just me?

Does yours hang at any point in any program?

Would I reccomend one?... NO !!!

Comments

• osku
    Options

Hi

My customer has also some problems with T61p. In RS5 for example, if they right click some feature, the display starts to flicker and sometimes it can take up to couple of minutes before the right-click menu is opened. They have tried to update the graphics driver, but it didn't help.

I've also experienced similar problems (rarely) with my T42p, but only with certain RS stations. I haven't found any reason why some of the stations works fine and some of them has this flicker problem. First I thought it would be because of lack of the memory or CPU power, but it isn't that either. Very simple station could have this flicker problem while really large station works fine.

Do you have similar hang ups with your T61p?

-Oskari

• Anders S
    Options

Hi,

Are you using OpenGL or Direct3D as renderer?

Normally works Direct3D best with T61p (and other IBM models). You will find the renderer setting in Tools-Options-Graphics-Renderer.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • sturner
    Options

Hi

I havent had the flicker problem but I did note improvements in display when downloading the latest graphics driver mid January 08.

The machine could hang if the security login screen activates after inactivity. fails to login to ABB network sometimes and causing the machine to hang. on second hardrive as this was suspected for errors.

Currntly using open GL but have tried Direct 3D, not much change in performance is noted.

Its been ok today... the days not over yet thought!!!

Many thanks.

• Yes I have had problems since day one,

with a new T61 Note book.

IBM support guys are currently re image the PC for the 2nd time

My old T42 is still working fine   

• Hi, I'm using a T61p and is running RobotStudio.

I have not experienced any problems with flickering. This does not help you of course, just wanted to say that the T61p is not always crap.

I've been running the "Lenovo System Update" app now and then. Maybe that helped to keep my drivers healthy.

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog