RobotStudio event

"move PP to main"

Options

I have a problem on how to use RAPID instruction to let do similar things like "move PP to main" on teach pendant. Possible to do that?  

S4C+ machine M2000

My problem is: every time I turn tobot key switch from "Auto" to "Manual", PP will stop at the last recent line. After that, switch to automatic mode again, PP will stay at that line also and if you confirm with "Start" button,PP will start from that line. So now I have to click "move PP to main" before switch to auto mode everytime.

But I want robot to start from Main program everytime reset to automatic mode. Because doing this robot can call initialize module and it is more safe to machine.

Anyone knows how to realize this by special setting or a certain RAPID instruction?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Hello,

you can try to do a simple routine with "ExitCycle" instruction.

And call the routine with a system "RESTART" Event.

It should do what you want.

Ex.

PROC ResetToMain()

ExitCycle;

ENDPROC

Ex. in SYS.CFG

In te section "CAB_EXEC_HOOKS:"

-Routine "ResetToMain" -Shelf "RESTART"

Bye.

• lemster68
    Options

Greetings,

I suggest that you read up on the function IsStopStateEvent.  Then connect the START event to a routine using that function, if the result of IsStopStateEvent PPtoMain is false, you may prompt the user to Exitcycle or automatically ExitCycle without prompt.  I would caution that you have some kind of Home check to ensure that you do not crash the robot.

LJ

Lee Justice
  • vulpes_h
    Options

it is also "system inputs"  that can start your program from main...<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

you can trigger a start main " from a programmable key ...

• you can let motorson = startmain. Every time you press Motor on button the PP will go to the top of program.

Hope this helps

• hi, how to let the motors on = start main? (pp to  main) 

one question again, can i make the start button (from FP) is triggered from other button? (maybe from PLC). So, I only need to turn on the IRC5, and my PLC, then I only press one button from PLC, and my system(both robot and PLC) work. Is it possible?

thank you

carmila

indah carmila
  • Thilbi
    Options
    Hi,

you can use the system inputs and outputs. One example from an eio.cfg (IRC 5):

SYSSIG_IN:

-Signal "diProgStart" -Action "Start" -Arg1 "CONT"

-Signal "diMotorOn" -Action "MotorOn"
    #
    SYSSIG_OUT:

-Status "AutoOn" -Signal "doIRBinAuto"

-Status "CycleOn" -Signal "doProgRun"
    #

More information you can read in the documention "systemparameters".

Best regards
    Thilbi

• hi, Thilbi.

Thanks for your advice. I will read and try it.

Thank you so muchimage

carmila

indah carmila
  • hi, Thilbi,

now I can start my program (from main) only from plc signal.

thank you so much.

indah carmila