RobotStudio event

Possible to make TCP offset?

Options

Hello,
Our customer will try off line teaching by RS.
Their application is water jet cutting.
In that they need very high accuracy.
The water width is 0.7mm. So they need to take the width into their consideration in RS.
Can we make a kind of circle offset from a TCP point in RS?

Yu

Comments

• Jetman
    Options

Hello Yu,

I am not sure I understand perfectly the moves you want to do but if you are interested in having movements diplaced around teached robtargets you could use RelTool or Offs if it's in the plane.

If you want to displace the TCP you can use PDisp or probably CorrCon which I think would be the case in your water jet application.

Jet

Jet,
    Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)
  • Hi Jet,

We can't use those commands in this case. TCP is a point. But water has diameter. So if we make path in RS we have to make offset between a TCP and radius of water for every target. We don't want to do that.

Can we make offset automatically in RS for this case?

BR

Yu

• Jetman
    Options

Hello Yu,

I think I understand a bit more what you're trying to do. I hadn't notice you were working with RobotStudio.

So what you're trying to do is to Create a Path From Curve. A Curve that you already made in the Modeling section of RS am I right?

If it is so, when creating that Path from Curve you can add a Local target offset that will make your path offset itself.

Look at those 2 pictures of Before and After what I think you want to do.

Hope it helps,

Jet

Jet,
    Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)
  • Hi Jet,

That's partially correct. You made y offset and it worked in that shape. But when shape is square I don't think it would work.

Is there any method to make offset in all directions always?

Yu

• osku
    Options

Hi

I think Tool Compensation is the feature you are looking for. You can find it by right clicking the path. Under Modify Path you will find the Tool Compensation. With that you can move the targets according to path direction.

I hope it solves your problem!

-Oskari

• Hello Oskari,

Thank you for your answer. This is the one I want.

Yu