RobotStudio event

ModPos Lock

Prior to RW5.09 I was able to create ? VARIABLE Robtarget in the User Module and by doing so, it was impossible to ModPos this robtarget in the program. Back then you could ModPos ? Pers or a Const but not a Var.

The reason I am doing this is because I create my HOME Robtarget in the User module so every new program already has access to this predefine Home Robtarget. BUT, prior to 5.09 no one was able to ModPos the Robtarget in the program but now they can. And when they do so it changes the User Module.

It is not important as to why it changed but does anyone has a trick to be able to have a Robtarget that is not ModPosable? I do not want my students playing with that HOME Robtarget, I want it Read Only.

Thanks,

Jet

Jet,
Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)

Comments

• Hi Jet,

What I know so is it no difference in RW 5.09 and 5.10 when it comes to ModPos a VAR robtarget. I tested both in RW 5.09 and 5.10, and it was possible to ModPos a VAR robtarget. But maybe you can do something like this to go around the problem:

MODULE Module1

CONST robtarget pHome:=.....; !pHome can be declared in a "VIEWONLY" module

PERS robtarget pHomeInProgram:=...;

PROC main()

pHomeInProgram:=pHome;

MoveL pHomeInProgram,v1000,z100,tool0WObj:=wobj0; ENDPROC

ENDMODULE

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Hello Anders,

I have tried too with RW5.09 and it was like 5.10. I assume it must have been prior to 5.09, probablly 5.08.

What you suggest would work but my student would have to add those lines you made when they start a new program.

I want the Robtarget Home to be avalaible in their new programs without any inputs from them.

Module Moddule 1

Proc Main()

MoveJ Home, V500, Z10, Tool0;  !Home in declared in User module.

ENDPROC

EndModule

But unfortunatly, they can MODPOS home and change the user module and that, I don't want.image

But you mentionned something I didn't know.  How do you make a Read Only Module? I've been playing with the teach trying to find an option that make a Module Read only but I didn't find anything.

Thanks,

Jet

Jet,
  • Hi Jet,

A read only module looks like this:

MODULE modTest(READONLY)

ENDMODULE

When you create a module in the RobotStudio Editor, you can select what propertyies you should have (nostepin, viewonly or readonly).

Unfortunately is it still possible to mod pos a robtarget even if it's declared in a read (or view) only module.

The only way I know to stop the possibility to mod pos, is to setup a user (UAS) without mod pos rights (but then you can't mod pos any robtargets).

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Hello Anders,

is there a way to add the Read Only or NoStepin ot Viewonly property to a module when using only the Teach Pendant? I haven't find that option yet.

Jet

Jet,
  • Hello Jet,

No I don't think so. You have to use RobotStudio or RobotStudio Online (if it is a "real" controller).

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics