RobotStudio event

to move the robot when it is at head down

Options

Hi,

I am new of forum, and sorry for my english!

I have the a problem with RobotStudio 3.1, when I want move the robot on the targets, but the robot is overhead, namely it is overturned of 180 degree around axis x, in the reference system.

In this case the robot move on the targets as if the targets are overturned of 180 degree around axis x!but the position of targets is correct!why?there is something in the options of controller that need to set?

Riporto la questione anche in italiano per farmi capire meglio eventualmente qualcuno che legge il forum comprenda anche l'italiano:

Ho creato una stazione in cui il robot ? posizionato a testa in gi?, cio? ruotato di 180 gradi intorno all'asse x; ho posizionato tutti i targets in maniera coerente col sistema di riferimento, tanto che quando faccio "visualizza robot al target", il robot viene visualizzato correttamente sui targets.

Quando per? faccio "sposta robot sul percorso" il robot si muove come se i targets fossero posizionati anch'essi in modo che risultino ruotati di 180 gradi attorno all'asse x! c'? forse qualche opzione nel controller da settare prima di fare eseguire il percorso? o da cosa pu? dipendere?

grazie e spero di trovare qualcuno che possa rispondermi.

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hi,

If the robot not match the targets when you run the program, the robot mechanism is probably moved in the station in an incorrect way. To move the robot,"Modify - Position Robot World" must be used, before the controller is started (if "Modify - Position" is used instead, the robot will not match the targets).

I also recommend that you upgrade to RobotStudio 4.0 which is the latest version of RS for S4. This upgrade is free of charge if you have a valid license for RS 3.1 (or some other version of RS for S4).

Send an e-mail with your license id to: software_support@se.abb.com, so will they help you with the upgrade.

Anders S2008-2-26 14:43:59
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Hi Anders S

and thank you for your suggestion!

I need add the signals  on my station to control opening and closing of the water, for the tool waterjet...but I don't used signals so far!

Can you help me?

thank.

• Anders S
    Options

Hi,

You have to configure the I/O signals in the controller as for a "real" robot.

I have attached an example of an I/O config. file (EIO.cfg) that you can use in RobotStudio. Load the file from the TeachPendant in RS (misc. - system parameters - load saved parameters). 2008-03-03_095808_EIO.zip

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • anna83
    Options

hi Anders S,

thank for your help...I could ask you an other suggestion.

how you made this file EIO.cfg?

I could make a file .cfg with the inputs/outputs that  I need use...but I don't know how!

I could make a program where I use the input/output which there is in the file .cfg created...

is it possible to simulate this program?how? and is it possible show the

traiectory during the simulation from tech pendant?

thank....thank....very much!

• Anders S
    Options

Hi Anna,

To create an EIO.cfg file, you can use the program "ConfigEdit" which is installed together with RobotStudio, or you can edit the file I sent you in a normal text editor (e.g. WordPad).

Yes, it is possible to simulate the program and show the trajectory of the robot.

To learn how to setup a simulation in RS, I recommend the Online Training available at http://www.robotstudio.com/.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • anna83
    Options

hi Anders S,

the online training is very good, thank you!

I have a problem when I want simulate my program...I created a station where there is the tool waterjet and where I need simulate the opening and closing of water when the robot moves on some targets.

I used ConfigEdit for create a file EIO.cfg where I invented two signals, WJ_I (waterjet input) and WJ_O (waterjet output)...then, I created a copy of original controller and I renamed my controller, at last I added in the parameters the file EIO.cfg and rebooted the controller.

I configurated the events table, so that when WJ_I=1 then set WJ_O=1 and when WJ_I=0 then set WJ_O=0.

finally I modified the program with ProgramMaker and I added the instructions "set WJ_I" and "reset WJ_I" where it need.

When I simulate there is an error "data entire WJ_I not known"

why? where is my error?

Can you help me, please?

I want learn use RobotStudio

I show you my station and my program, ok?2008-03-13_123944_esempio.rar

thank you, because you are very gentle.

• Anders S
    Options

Hi Anna,

There was no BUS or UNIT defined in your EIO.cg, so the I/O signals was never added to the controller.

Try this EIO.cfg instead. 2008-03-13_140537_my_EIO_2.zip

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics