RobotStudio event

Search Instruction Templates [ArcWelding PowerPac]

Options

I cannot seem to add the search instruction templates.

I have followed the instructions but the menu's i get are not exactly the same so i am guessing a bit as to what i should do. Could anyone please explain how i can import these search instructions.

currently using RS5.10 and powerpac5.09, although same issue existed with RS5.09.

for example:

Trying to import action instruction Search_1D, i get the error

T_ROB1 Action Instruction: Search_1D Not found in the VC

Importing as a move instruction i get

T_ROB1 importRsProcessDefinitions: Search_1D Failed

Comments

• osku
    Options

Hi

I think "T_ROB1 Action Instruction: Search_1D Not found in the VC" -error comes if you don't have SmarTac option installed in your VirtualController.

After you have this option installed in VC, you can import search templates by right clicking Search under Templates in the AWPP browser.

I hope this helps.

-Oskari

• mattdavis
    Options

yep that was the problem. I used a virtual key and added smarttac and everything worked properly.

Our actual robot key does not appear to have the smartac option. What does this functionality actually give us? and what does it cost to add this option.

• osku
    osku ✭✭
    Options

Hi

Good to hear that the problem is solved. At least part of it...

The SmarTac is the option which enables the searching functionality in the robot. Basically it includes the instructions used while searching (Search1D for example). Some hardware is also required in the controller cabinet (electronic sensor board attached in PIB-process interface board), so it would be best for you to contact your local ABB for further instructions and the pricing.

-Oskari

• mattdavis
    Options
    Our robot does have some touch sense search ability (SearchL) is this just the basic command?
  • osku
    osku ✭✭
    Options

Yes, the SearchL instruction is just basic command which is not related to arc welding.

The main difference between SearchL and Search1D (which is included in SmarTac option) is that SearchL returns the absolute robot position when defined input signal goes high, but the Search1D returns an offset value according to the first programmed part. With Search1D it is also possible to have 2 or 3 dimensional searches and make a program displacement with the received result.

Also this Search1D is the command that is used by AWPP, so this SmarTac option is needed in real robot controller to be able to use the programs made in AWPP.

-Oskari