RobotStudio event

Motion Supervision Information

Options

Using the RAB do you have access to monitor Motion Supervision information? IE current load on tool.

I am trying to write a program to touch sense (using gas cup of a welding torch) on steel parts that are sometimes quite rusty. Even when cleaned i am still occasionaly getting motion supervison errors. If possible i would like to be able to catch these errors (or stop motion before they occur) and retry in a slightly different position. I cannot see anyway to do this in Rapid and am wondering if it might be possible in RAB?

Comments

• John Wiberg
    Options

Hi Matt Davis,

RAB would not be the correct way to handle this.

It is actually possible in RAPID to do this. If you look in the [RAPID Instructions, Functions and Data types] Technical Reference manual, 3HAC 16581-1. Then check out the [IError] interrupt, p112, then you can see that you can design a trap that captures such a Motion error. By cross reference to p920, you can see the Error Domain "MOTION_ERR" which handles Motion Supervision errors.

For this to be effective you need to have a background task, (Multitask RobotWare option), and do the acknowledge and restart from that task. Then you might have some parameters that change to make your "slightly different position".

However do be careful that you have some sort of on/off switch so that you only capture such events when safe. For instance you should not capture them while moving through the cell so that those collisions are not restarted resulting in more collisions, etc.

• mattdavis
    Options

Thanks  very much for your assistance.

It would appear i don't have the Advanced Rapid option on my robot so can't use the Ierror function!

• John Wiberg
    Options

Glad to be of assistance. image

Sorry to hear that it didn't solve your problem though... image

• Another sollution for you could be to make a program that searches for collisions, as a replacement for the touch sense "function".

• Hi Matt,

Or you could set up a system output signal (either real or virtual) set to the "Motion Supervision Triggered" system output, so that the signal will go high when the motion sup is triggered. You then have to monitor it from somewhere (background task, PC, PLC) and respond accordingly.

Regs,

Michael

Michael Siminski
    Technical Support Engineer
    Robotics Product & Systems Service
    Manufacturing Automation, Automation Technologies (ATMA)
    ABB Australia
    Email: michael.siminski @ au.abb.com