RobotStudio event

Geometry bug?

Options

Hello,

I have 2 questions.

Can we make a center point target from a circle line?

I tried it by making a circle surface from a circle line. I made that circle from CATIA data. But as shown in a below figure the data was very strange. The height is apparently wrong. Is this a kind of CAD importing problem? If so can we solve it?

BR

Yu

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hello,

Question 1: No, if you use snap mode "Center" you need a surface. But if you make a line through the center point instead of a circle, you can use selection level "Curve" and snap mode "Mid".

Question 2: There are no known problems regarding this. If I understand you correct is the surface made in RS, so I doubt it's a CAD import problem. Are you sure you used the correct selection level (surface) and snap mode (center)?

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Yu I
    Options

Hello Spaak,

I partially understand what is the problem.

When I choose surface with center point for this data RS can't work correctly. But with only surface it can work. Please check the attached file.

BR

Yu

2008-03-07_012128_Toyota_techno1.zip

• Anders S
    Options

Hello Yu,

Yes you are right, for some  reason is snap mode center not working on the surface made from the curves in your station.

I will report this as a bug, so hopefully can we fix this to the next RS release.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics