RobotStudio event

IRC5 External axis base frame

Options

I have an IRC 5 1410 with a 250L headstock which is moved by means of a linear slide to 5 positions. The slide is an external axis on another robot 2400 in the cell (seperate controller). I wish to use coordinated motion in each position. Using WriteCfgData I can write new baseframe values, restart the controller and this works. Is there any alternative without having to restart the controller each time?

Nick

Comments

• If you are not currently using the object frame of the coordinated work object (wobjdata.oframe), you might try making the base frame constant and changing the object frame for each of the 5 positions.
  • nickel
    Options

Cant do that because the centre line of rotation relative to the robot base has changed.  Have took the external axes out of the 2400 and put them into the 1410.  However base frame coordination is not possible (according to Sweden) if you have a vertical track with a rotating axis at the end.  Seems to be alot of bugs with the coordination and IRC5. Am on RW 5.10.01.  Beware if you want something a bit different.  Have found a workaround but cost us 3 weeks on the installation. 

Nick