RobotStudio event

Virtual Arc in RS 5.10

Options

Hi

I am a very happy user of Virtula arc.

I only have one problem.

We are using Fronius TPS 5000I, and mostly we use pulse for welding.

Will Virtual Arc be upgradet, so that it will be possible to use pulse for welding.

Otherwise i think its fantastic to have it now in RS

Kent Zibrandtsen
Dept manager robot welding
Kez@hardi-international.com

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hi,

There are no immediate plans to implement pulse support in Virtual Arc.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Hardikez,

I am glad that you appreciate our decision to make Virtual Arc available with ArcWeld PowerPac.

To predict weld results for pulse welding is an interesting technical problem. The current method for predicting welds in VirtualArc cannot be directly extended to cover the pulse welding case. This requires further research and development. Unfortunately, this is not in the current plan for VirtualArc.

Kind regards,

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • sturner
    Options

How do I activate Virtual Arc?

I have installed AW PowerPac and VirtualArc,

I have opened the Arcweld PP browser from the process menu in RS5, but can't seem to find how to start VirtualArc?

sturner2008-3-12 16:48:27
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

From the release notes of AWPP 5.10:
    "Note:
    VirtualArc can only be started from the Process Template editor of ArcWeld PowerPac. Check the option Use Process Parameters, select the VirtualArc Case to use from the list of pre-defined cases, and press the Edit Case button to launch VirtualArc, see picture below. For more information about VirtualArc, please see the VirtualArc user documentation available from the Help menu of VirtualArc. The user documentation is also available on the ArcWeld PowerPac media."

Henrik Berlin
    ABB