RobotStudio event

Big problems of stability

Options

Hi,

I have problems with RobotStudio V5.09. I often have crash at the end of virtual controller opening. Sometimes, I have a message of error (attached file).2008-03-14_160940_Bug.zip. This problem occurs when I try to transfer my projects to another computer or in a different folder. When I save and open at the same place, it's more stable. I tried all kind of transfer files (pack and go zip and unzip,station file only with system copy). The Direct3D mode seems to have more succes but the grapics do not refresh outside of the clipping plane of the station.

I think that some poeples tasted to the same problem in this forum. ABB, Help us!

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hi Starn,
    I'm sorry to here about your problems.
    The only successful way to move a station that includes a system (Virtual Controller), is to use "Pack and Go" and then open the station with help of "Unpack and Work". You should never unzip the "Pack and Go" file manually.
    Unfortunately is it a known bug in the "Pack and Go" function in RS 5.09, which is fixed in the latest RS version, RS 5.10.
    Therefore, I recommend you to upgrade to RS 5.10 (we only support the latest version of RS, which for the moment is RS 5.10).
    As you say works the Direct 3D renderer better than OpenGL for some video cards (normally works ATI cards best with Direct 3D, and NVIDIA cards best with OpenGL).
    Another thing that also is very important, is to always have the latest video driver installed.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • starn
    Options

Hi,

Unfortunaletely, I still have some problems. Presently, I save a pack and go file in a Vesion 5.9 and I unpack and work on a Version 5.10. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't works. I receive an application error and after it crash.

Another problem is when I close a station, the software crash rapidly and I still have robot controller in the running process.

My computer are now recently formatted with only microsoft office and Robotstudio.

It seems that the software should be more robust. Can you please tell me this exact situation of crashing and the exact situation of sucess. I'm giving laboratory to some students with this software and I have a great needle for the save/open capability.

Thanks

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Starn,

Sorry to hear about your problems. Please try to put the file below in the RobotStudio/Addins folder and restart RS (unzip it first).

2008-03-18_163127_KeepRobCfgBsoInMemory.zip

If that does not help you, please send a detailed description of the failing scenario, attach the required data (Pack&Go-file?) and add a "Full Scan"-zip generated with the RS support tool to me at

henrik.berlin@se.abb.com

Note that the official way to support goes via your local ABB representative that will forward your issue to the technical support team for RobotStudio unless he or she manages to resolve it him-/herself.

Kind regards,

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • hi

i have been doing moving of stations by saving the station on a network drive.and then I copy the madiapool to the other computer so that i have the same VC available.this has been a succesfull way for me to do it ,because i in earlier RSversions I had problems with pack and go

Kent Zibrandtsen
    Dept manager robot welding
    Kez@hardi-international.com
  • starn
    Options

Hi,

After a lot of test and some discussion with my local representant. It seem that robotstudio don't like the onboard graphic cards. When I used a pci express graphic card, I got no problem on opengl and direct3D. So it will need 30 graphic cards for my class of computer.

Is there someone that had the same problem with the onboard cards.

Secondly, I found a way to bypass the bug. When I open a saved station, I click cancel after the conexion of the virtual controller. The graphic elements are then loaded but not the controller. After I restart the controller.

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi,

I suppose you have already tried that, but just in case... Ensure that there is no later driver for the onboard graphics card that solves your problem first. It is, of course, recommended to use a separate graphics card, but just in case.

Kind regards,

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • starn
    Options

Yes, I tried the most recent driver on 3 kind of onboard cards. The openGL is instable and the direct3D don't refresh during the view rotation.

Hope that the new version will improve that issue.