RobotStudio event

CAD Converter

Options

2 years ago, i tried to use the CAD Converter for CATIA V5 - Data. Unfortunately, there were such many problems converting whole products that i gave up working with the converter and worked without any CAD-Data. Now, 2 years later, i hope that all bugs are killed - and give it another chance: 

Can somebody say something about the stability of the CATIA V5-Converter? 

I'm sure that the CAD Converter for STEP-Data is used much more - if the CATIA V5-Converter is not stable enough i can first export the CATIA-Data to Step and second convert this Step-Data to RobotStudio.

Can somebody tell his experience with the STEP-Data-Converter?

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Volker,

The STEP converter can be successfully used for converting CAD-data exported from CATIA v5.

Unfortunately, the native CATIA v5 converter has regressed with the R18-release included with RS 5.10. The problems are related to the installation of the converter files. Not all customers are affected but those that have the problem cannot convert any files at all. We are working on solving this issue together with Spatial.

Affected customers are encouraged to get in touch with RobotStudio licensing support to get a STEP license. The e-mail address to license support is softwarefactory_support(a)se.abb.com.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Henrik Berlin
    ABB