RobotStudio event

Simulation Moving Parts on Conveyor

Options
Hello!

I need to simulate parts moving along a conveyor to a specified picking position. The conveyor basically needs to execute a step move of a fixed distance which should be triggered on via an IO signal from the robot. Can anyone please point me in the right direction on how to go abouts doing this.

Thank you kindly for your time,

Cheers!

R.K.

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi,

There is an action in the event manager "Move To Pose" that can be applied to a mechanism: Model the conveyor as a mechanism, define the required poses and transition times, and then define an event in the Event Manager that use the "Move To Pose" action triggered by a controller I/O.

Remember to use the "Time Slice" mode to get the simulation correct when you are involving external mechanisms (external to the VC).

Kind regards,

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hey Henrik,

Thank you kindly! It seems to be working quite nicely at the moment. Thanks again for your help, it's greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!

R.K.

• carmila
    Options

sorry for ask the newbie question, but i can't create the mechanism from my geometry.(i learn this rs5.10 by myself, so i have many newbie question for using it)

should we attach the geometry to the robot?

in the create mechanism dialog box, there are 4 mechanism type: robot, tool, external axes and device. if i have screw and conveyor, which one can i select for them?

i already have try the 4 of them(mechanism type), but there are signs that say my mechanism (joint, links, calibration, and dependencies are not ok). so, should we define ourself the joint, and the links? if yes, how?

thanks a lot for your time.

indah carmila
  • carmila
    Options
    he3, finally i can simmulate it.image
    indah carmila
This discussion has been closed.