RobotStudio event

missing *.GTPU.dll

Options

I have made a simple project with Visual studio 2005 and RAB FPSDK 5.10 and the build solution works without errors but there is no
*.gtpu.dll file available in the debug directory?

the other assembly *.dll file is there.

Anyone with any idea what could be the problem ? 

Comments

• RussD
    Options

Hi Per,

You may need to run the Compliance tool manually from the shortcut on the Start menu to build the proxy .dll. It located under ABB Industrial IT>Robotics IT> robot APplication BUilder> FPSDK 5.10>Tools>Compliance Tool.

If you look at the output tab of Visual Studio, you should see some message about why the compliance tool is not being called in the post-build step. It may be that you have installed Visual Studio or RAB in a directory other than the default.

If you look at the Post-Build events of your project, you may find that it is looking for the wrong location for the compliance tool. If you migrated an older project to 5.10, it may not have the post-build event at all, as that feature was added relatively recently.

Russell Drown
  • Thanks Russel

I run the comliance tool manually, and it worked fine.  

• nbrandon
    Options

I had a similar problem building a 5.10 application.  The post-build process was looking for the compliance tool in the 5.08 directory.  Once I switched the path to 5.10, it worked perfectly.

Neil