RobotStudio event

Accuracy and necessity to re-calibrate

Options
Hi!

We have several robots which operate for about three years almost without interruption. From time to time we have to re-teach some positions (this time a position was about 3mm lower than before). As the stations and components should not "move" we are wondering what causes this error.

Question: Which accuracy does ABB guarantee for IRB140-Robots? We were told of about 0.1mm - is this true and does this accuracy have any preconditions?

2nd question: Can it be possible that the robots have to be re-calibrated? I once heard one manufacturer told his people to re-calibrate even after each emergency-stop. I am not sure if that's exaggerated but maybe after some years it could make sense?

Comments

• if there is a position change after restart the robot, change the SMB cart.

If not, correct your tool or check the calibration position before making it.
  • MaWi81
    Options
    Hm, thank you for the advise, but this does not directly answer my questions.

In fact I am even more confused than before. The robots have been working for about three years - nothing has been changed since first start of the stations so I wonder if changing tools or positions would be the right way.

image Dummy question: What is the SMB-chart and where do I find it? Sorry for this lack of competence but could you please tell me what this abbreviation means? (I'm sure it's not "SuperMarioBros.") image