RobotStudio event

Encrypt modules

Options

Hello all,

I would like to be able to encrypt some modules that are libraries we have developed.

Doing that we can ensure that our source code will never be available for our competitors and that some code that must not be modified will not be able to be modified.

I know that it is possible to encrypt some modules, in fact I've bought some of them encrypted from different companies in order to get special functionalities.

Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options

Greetings,

ABB has a software package called CDKeyMaker.  It will permit you to write your software as an additional option and, if you so choose, encode the software.  It was free when I inquired about it.  Poke around the site and you will find contact info.  Sorry, I don't remember where it was. Good luck.

Lee Justice
  • Has anyone find out how to get the ABB CDkeyMaker? Who can I contact?

Thanks

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi,

Please get in touch with your ABB contact that can help you with getting the module encrypted. The encryption tool is only for internal use and not freely available.

Henrik Berlin2008-8-6 9:30:11
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Joan
    Options
    OK, Ill try it.  Thank you.
  • lemster68
    Options

The published documentation regarding CDKeymaker can be found in the "Additional Options" manual.  I suggest reading this manual, then Inquiring as an informed user.

Have a great day all.

Lee Justice