RobotStudio event

Help with paths

Options

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to simulate the paths I've created but I can't. How can I simulate the path of a box in an empty station? Is it possible to create paths for cubes, pyramides, etc or is it possible only for robots?

Another question please:

If I import files from 3d Studio max 08, the animations will be also imported?

Thanks

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

RS is designed to be a simulation and off-line programming tool for ABB robots. It was not designed to be an independent, general simulation tool.

Animations will not be imported from 3D Studio Max.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • javixu
    Options
    Thanks Henrik for the answer!

And there is no way if I import a CAD file to import within the animation?

Is it only possible to move the robots or can I move the objects like boxes, tables, etc that I have created in RobotStudio?

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

To create a simulation with moving objects you need to include a robot. The Simulation Play button will start execution of the robot program. Then you can create other objects to move, in response to the robot.

One possibility would be to create some non-sense program for the robot and hide it. Then you can create a mechanism including poses and transition times. Attach the part you want to move and let a robot signal in the robot program trigger the motion of the mechanism. Then you will only see the motion of your part. You can also design your own VSTA macros that can customize the behaviour of the action.

As for 3ds import, there is some limited support in RS (you need to shortcut the filter by entering a start ('*') in the file name field of the import dialog. Then you can select and import a file with the .3ds extension.

Henrik Berlin2008-5-14 11:46:33
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • javixu
    Options

Thanks again Henrik!

I think I will program a Macro. Is there any API function to select imported objects? I'm trying with the station class but I don't find any method for that.

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Maybe your answer can be found in the thread:

http://forums.robotstudio.com/forum_posts.asp?T ID=2007&PN=1

Henrik Berlin
    ABB