RobotStudio event

EPS, Electronic Position Switches

Options

Hello<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I'm struggling with the EPS function. Some questions were coming up by writing the program.

- There is a time running until you have to synchronize the EPS again. When is this timer running? If the breaks are off? If the motors are on? If the robot is switched on? <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Ore even if the Robot is switched off?

- There is a warning coming a certain time before the synch time runs off. How can I recognize the warning is set? Is there a variable ore a output set from the system?

- When I synchronize the EPS the timer starts again. How can I be sure the synchronization has worked and the timer is reset?

Does anybody have some information on that?

Manny thanks

Stefan

stefan z2008-5-9 16:2:20

Comments

• Hi!

I will try to answer a few of your questions.

- The synchronization timer is running when the robot is switched on, regardless of the status on motors on and brakes.

- You could use the rapid instruction IError to create an interrupt that triggers on the warning. (This would be an unsafe method, since it relies on elogs)

- If you want a reliable signal showing the status on the EPS timer, you could use a MAR signal and setting Axis1 on the entire working range. This signal would be high when the EPS is synchronized and running. (More safe than trusting elogs).

I hope i could help you ever though you posted a month ago.

Best Regards
    Stefan Westberg

• Hello Stefan<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

As far as I know for IError Multitasking is used. At the PartnerDays I have spoken with Mats Mhyr at the SaveMove booth. I could see that for SaveMove there is a internal output called something with EPSWarn... This could be crossconnectet to an input and then in the robot cycle used to call the synch routine. Mats mentioned this output should also be in EPS but he proved it wrong. Please talk to him.

Many thanks
    Stefan Zehnder

• Hi Stefan!

Yes, it is true that for SafeMove there is a predefined signal called PSC1CSPREWARN that can be crossconnected to your input.
    This signal is added to the EPS with RW 5.11

As for the IError instruction, it requires the Advanced Rapid option. (Which is free of charge for systems delivered after nov 2007).

Best Regards
    Stefan Westberg