RobotStudio event

Change LAN IP address

Options

Hi,

Is it possible to change the preconfigured IP address for the LAN port on the IRC5 controller without the PC Interface option. This is to be more flexible when it comes to communication with PLC through socket messaging. I read about this on other threads but it was for more complex communication where PC Interface option was needed, is it still needed in my case? If not what is the procedure on IRC5 to change ip address of the LAN port (there was a system parameter for the serial interface but never saw anything regarding LAN port)

Best regards,

Alexander K?llberg

AlexK2008-5-13 8:57:39
Best regards
Alexander Källberg

Comments

• John Wiberg
    Options

Hi

By default the LAN should have been set to DHCP, so it would collect a TCP/IP from the LAN DHCP server.

But if you want to switch the fixed address you do like this:
    First check with IT dept what subnet & default gateway should be used, and which IP address you can take.
    [ABB] > [Restart] select X-start
    This takes you to the boot application.
    Then I think you had a button called [Settings] where you can select to set an IP address.
    Then you have to select your system again and then restart.

But shouldn't you be able to find the full instruction in the IRC5 operating manual?

• AlexK
    AlexK ✭✭
    Options
    [QUOTE=John Wiberg]

Hi

By default the LAN should have been set to DHCP, so it would collect a TCP/IP from the LAN DHCP server.

But if you want to switch the fixed address you do like this:
    First check with IT dept what subnet & default gateway should be used, and which IP address you can take.
    [ABB] > [Restart] select X-start
    This takes you to the boot application.
    Then I think you had a button called [Settings] where you can select to set an IP address.
    Then you have to select your system again and then restart.

But shouldn't you be able to find the full instruction in the IRC5 operating manual?

[/QUOTE]

You have a great memory! Thank you for the information imageimage

PS I did find the information in the: Operating manual - IRC5 with FlexPendant But it took some time to find it, you ware quicker imageimage

Best regards,

Alexander

AlexK2008-5-13 13:45:12
    Best regards
    Alexander Källberg