RobotStudio event

Code snipets in RS 5.10

Options

I have lost the code snipets and I am getting an "unkown error: Visual Studio Tools for Application" message when I try to use the feature.

Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hmm, what exactly do you mean by "lost".

Have you made any changes to the code snippets? My guess is that there is a syntax error in one of the code snippets and that RobotStudio does not handle it very well.

Try to replace your existing code snippets with the ones attached and see if that helps.

2008-05-14_082419_Code_Snippets.zip

Your Code snippets are stored in "My Documents"/RobotStudio/Code snippets.

You can use Visual Studio to create new or modify existing code snippets. The format used for RS is identical to that of Visual Studio. The express edition can be downloaded free of charge from Microsoft (perhaps also VSTA can be used to edit code snippets, I have not tried it.)

If this does not help, please upload or send me the log files from the support tool (Full Scan + Zip) - henrik.berlin@se.abb.com

Kind regards,

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • abenaki
    abenaki ✭✭
    Options

I might not have been clear enough.

By 'lost' I ment that the code snippets folder usually available from the Pick List button in the programming mode is abscent.

When I select the Visual Studio Tools for Applications from the Tools menu, I get an unknown error message.

It seems that the function is missing or disabled.

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

1. Ensure the Code Snippets folder is in your RobotStudio folder. Or more exactly, in your default RobotStudio folder (see Tools/Options where you can redefine it)

2. If this does not help, upload the error logs.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • abenaki
    abenaki ✭✭
    Options

The 'default' folder designated in the Tools/Options menu is the one where you decide to save your stations, not the one what I was expecting to be the default RobotStudio folder.

The snippets subfolder was indeed empty, I copied the code snippets from the corresponding folder from the Program Files and the snippets folder is back again, Thanks.

But I am still getting this unknown error from VSTA.

I will compare the folders from another computer's installation and see if I can find differences and fix them.

Thank you for your help.

• AndersJ
    Options

Hi,

You should try to reinstall only VSTA. Close down RS and run the file vsta_aide.msi found on the DVD.

DVD ImageRobotStudioISSetupPrerequisites{B422736E-33AC-47AB-9 F9D-15EF74EC4813}

Best regards,

Anders Jahnberg, ABB Robotics

Best regards,
    Anders Jahnberg
    ABB Robotics
  • abenaki
    abenaki ✭✭
    Options

Done that already, but it not solved the problem.

Thanks for th thought anyway.

Good day,

Michel.