RobotStudio event

How can I get the robotware5.10.01?

Options

Our company have a lot of ABB robots(S4C+IRC5).

I want to update them to the robotware5.10.01.

How can I get the it?Is it free?

I have many many old license keys.

Comments

• nickel
    Options

Robotware 5.10.01 is for IRC5 only.  Unless you are having specific problems why upgrade? Every release fixes some bugs, but also contains others. Independent motion does not work in 5.10.01 in every system I have tried.  Have also heard of problems with 5.10.01 and GAP software but have not seen them myself. If you are having problems with your system you should speak to your local ABB service department and see if an upgrade is recommended for each particular system with the setup you have. If you are having problems then you may get the upgrade free if you install it yourself, but if you get into difficulties and an engineer has to come out, I would imagine you will be charged.  Before doing anything I always back up to PC and also ensure all modules are saved and FTP these out. Upgrades are fine in theory, but will not always cure your problems and may indeed create problems.

Hope this helps

Nick
  • avboy
    Options

thans~it is like this:

our system is 5.06.it could not shutdown,much annoyance.

so i want to get a fresh vision which maybe has few bugs.

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi,

You should consult your local ABB contact in this issue, or system integrator that delivered the system. This should NOT be done on your own.

See the list of Contacts on www.abbroboticssoftware.com or check out www.abb.com/robotics

Henrik Berlin
    ABB