RobotStudio event

VSTA Target Coordinates

Options

Hi,
I am trying to write a vsta macro to simplify program with a gantry robot.  The macro just takes the selected point and updates the gantry (external axis) to be within a certain distance of the target.

The trouble im having is i want to get the targets coordinates in the world coordinate system.

ProjectObject selObject = Project.ActiveProject.Selection.SingleSelectedObject as ProjectObject;
RsTarget Target = selObject as RsTarget;
Double TargetX = Target.RobTarget.Frame.X;

this is the code im using to extra the selected targets coordinates. This and a number of other items will give me the targets coordinates in the parent coordinate system. Is there a simple way to get it in the world coordinate system?

Thanks

mattdavis2008-5-23 6:40:24

Comments

• Niklas Skoglund
    Options

Hi,

as in RAPID, a robtarget is used together with a workobject.

The coordinates of the robtarget is relative the workobject.

In RobotStudio the object RsTarget represents the combination of a robtarget and a workobject.

The following sample logs out a targets translation in parent and world coordinate systems.

This sample does not use the Transform.GlobalMatrix of the RsRobtarget, because it is not defined. (The RsRobtarget must be used together with a RsWorkobject in order to have a global transform.)

[CODE]
    public
    void Macro_Sample1()
    {
    Station s = Project.ActiveProject as Station;
    RsTask task = s.ActiveTask;
    RsTarget t = task.Targets[0];
    Vector3 parentTranslation = t.Transform.Matrix.Translation;
    Logger.AddMessage(new LogMessage("xyz in parent: " + parentTranslation.ToString()));
    Vector3 worldTranslation = t.Transform.GlobalMatrix.Translation;
    Logger.AddMessage(new LogMessage("xyz in world: " + worldTranslation.ToString()));
    }

[/CODE]

In my station I got this output (coordinates in meters):
    xyz in parent: [2 0.5 1.5] 
    xyz in world: [2.5 1 2] 

The RAPID code for my robtarget and workobject that gives the above result looks like this:[CODE]
    CONST robtarget Target_10:=[[2000,500,1500],[1,0,0,0],[0,0,0,0],[0,9E9,9E9,9E9,9E9,9E9]]; TASK PERS wobjdata Workobject_1:=[FALSE,TRUE,"",[[0,0,0],[1,0,0,0]],[[500,500,500],[1,0,0,0]]];
    [/CODE]

Niklas Skoglund2008-6-10 21:24:47

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • mattdavis
    Options

seems i actually need

to add an extra .x on the end of that to get a double..

but then i get an error say i am improperly using an rstarget.

RobotStudio .NET exception dump
    ===============================
    Base exception:
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException, mscorlib
    System.NotSupportedException, mscorlib

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NotSupportedException: Use RsTarget object!
       at ABB.Robotics.RobotStudio.Stations.RsRobTarget.InternalGetGlo balFrame()
       at ABB.Robotics.RobotStudio.Stations.Transform.get_GlobalMatrix ()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.RemotePropertyInfo Adapter.System.AddIn.Contract.Automation.IRemotePropertyInfo Contract.GetValue(IRemoteObjectContract target, BindingFlags bindingFlags, IRemoteArgumentArrayContract index, Int32 lcid)

Server stack trace:
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.RemoteMethodInfoAd apter.System.AddIn.Contract.Automation.IRemoteMethodInfoCont ract.Invoke(IRemoteObjectContract target, BindingFlags bindingFlags, IRemoteArgumentArrayContract arguments, Int32 lcid)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateP rocessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivatePr ocessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProce ssMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at System.AddIn.Contract.Automation.IRemoteMethodInfoContract.I nvoke(IRemoteObjectContract target, BindingFlags bindingFlags, IRemoteArgumentArrayContract parameters, Int32 localeId)
       at ABBInternal.VstaServices.VstaMacro.Execute()

mattdavis2008-5-30 8:29:36
  • mattdavis
    Options
    is there a manual or webpage with information about all the objects available throught the vsta interface?

Any other ideas on how to get the global xyz position of a target, i can only succesfully get parent coordinates even though the other appear to be there.

• Niklas Skoglund
    Options

Most methods in the namespaces ABB.Robotics.RobotStudio and  ABB.Robotics.RobotStudio.Stations are supported by VSTA.

If not, it should be documented in the API documentation, which is available from Help->RobotStudio API Help (Alt+F1).

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • mattdavis
    Options
    thanks very much for that.

works perfectly.

This discussion has been closed.