RobotStudio event

seting IRC5 as slave device

Options
Hi guys,

I am setting up a deviceNet between IRC5 and a PLC.
I have tried to set the IRC5 as the slave by adding in a unit with unit type DN_SLave the first place but then the controller does not communicate to the PLC.

Then I set the controller as the master device but it does not read signal from the PLC.

So guys, would you guys give me some suggestions on setting up deviceNet with a RC5 and a external PLC. Is it possible to still scan a signal from  the external PLC if the plc is set to be slave??

Comments

• RussD
    Options

You hve to set the address of the DN_Slave to match whatever is the address of your Master, and you also need to set the Master address of the bus to match the PLC as well. BY default I think both will be set to 63, which is probably not the address of the Master.

Starting in 5.10, there is a new device type called DN_INTERNAL_SLAVE wich will automatically configure itself to match the BusMaster address.

RussD2008-5-28 1:16:10
    Russell Drown
  • joaof
    Options

Hi,

Yes it's possible, you can read or write in PLC or PLC can read or write with robot.

You must see if your PLC have the same baund rate of robot, by default is 500kbs. You need to add a card parameters in your robot the vendor Id, device type etc that come with you PLC, and add this card in your robot with a adress card you need to configue how many bytes of input and output. If you select a generic card (device type) you will recive a mensage with all of the caracteristics of your PLC card, like vendor ID, input bytes, output,etc...

best regards,

Joao Fidalgo

• carmila
    Options

hi,

when we connect the plc and abb, is there any recommendation for plc type, or all type of plc can connected to abb?

i want to connect NAIS PLC (panasonic) to abb is it possible?

what parameters that i should nototice in order to select the plc?

best regards,

carmila

indah carmila
  • joaof
    Options

Hi, Carmila

Any PLC works fine with ABB robot because the deviceNet is a standard protocol and open. You need add a card to you PLC i.e DeviceNet Card, and its simple and easy to configure the robot and PLC.

Besr regards,

Joao F.

• carmila
    Options

hi, joao.

thanks for your reply.

from data that i receive from abb, the devicenet card from abb are:

1.  Profibus DP (DSQC 352A)
    2.  Allen-Bradley Remote I/O (DSQC 350A)
    3.  Interbus (DSQC 351A)

plc that i use, i.e NAIS PLC use modBus protocol. am i still can connect the plc and the abb? or maybe i need to add converter protocol ?

if i only send the on-off signal from plc to abb (abb as a slave), is it still need devicenet card?

thanks a lot

best regards,

carmila

indah carmila