RobotStudio event

simulation

Options

hello, i have some geometries, like screw, conveyor,etc. can i simulate them in robotstudio? if yes, can i make it move(simulation) without the robots? and how to simulate it?

i have some project that i have to make robot moves accurate and synchronize with the screw and conveyor, but i don't know how to make the path so accurately and synchronize.image

can somebody help me?

thanks before!

indah carmila

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hi,

To move an object on for example a conveyor, the best is to create a mechanism of the conveyor, and then use the event "Move Mech To Pose" to move the object. You will find information in the RS Help about how to create a mechanism and use the Event Manager.

If you use a "Station Signal" to trig the event, you don't need a robot system in the station.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • carmila
    Options

thank you for your helps, anders. it's very helpful

now, i want to simmulate the robot to pick up a box. i see the i/o simmulation movie from http://library.abb.com/global/scot/scot241.nsf/veritydisplay /d7bf0f0992638187c1256b9d00285c07/$File/io_simulation.avi

but, i can't find the signal and the value from the SETDO instruction.

i try to create the instruction template and create SETDO, but i find many error. actually, i don't know how to fill the signal and value from the argumentsimage. the error is looks like picture below. image

i have read the rs help, but it doesn't help. how to fill the arguments?

thanks a lot

regards,

indah carmila
  • Anders S
    Options

You have to add the I/O signals to the Robot System yourself. I/O signals can be configured in RobotStudio Online, which you can start from the Program menu in RS. In the RobotStudio Online Help will you find information about how to configure new I/O signals, or load an existing configuration file (EIO.cfg).

To be able to control the signals from RS, the "signal access level" has to be defined to "ALL". I have attached an EIO.cfg with two DO and two DI signals that you can load into your system.

2008-06-08_155053_EIO.zip

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • carmila
    Options

hoho..., thanks anders!!image

now, i can simmulate it. image thankyou for your help.

thankkss!!!

regards,

indah carmila
  • jerrico
    Options

Hi, you could add signals in an easier way by using virtual flexpendant (" pressing F5 ")  go to control panel - configuration -signal  .. don't forget to turn the irc5 into manual mode by pressing little icon that looks like irc5 and flag the middle button .. (mr Jetman tips)

• carmila
    Options

thank you for your tips! it's very helpfull !! image

regards,

indah carmila
This discussion has been closed.