RobotStudio event

Robot Views For RSO

Options

Hi,

I can't seem to find a way of saving robot views with the online section of RS2008.  Its a bit annoying having to add controllers every time I connect to a systems network.  Is this a deliberate omission?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Pat,

This feature has been replaced by the "Export Controllers" function that saves the references to your currently connected controllers in a file. They can be later retrieved using the "Import Controllers" function, see snapshot.

We decided to remove the RobotView document since it seems that many users only create because they cannot connect to a controller otherwise. These users typically end up with loads of empty RobotView documents. The "Import/Export Controllers" function was introduced instead.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Thanks.  I tried using that function whilst off line and it didnt work.  The old version of RSO would still show a list of controllers in that view, and show them to be on or off line.  I assumed the new version would be the same.  Works ok when online, so just need to get used to the new feel of 2008.
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Currently, the function requires the controllers to be available when connecting to them. Error handling will be improved in 5.11 compared to 2008 though.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB