RobotStudio event

jogging the robot using FP

Options

hi,

i'm a newbie in using the FP.i saw the jogging the robot movie in tutorial RS (start page) that using flexpendant. but,when i want to practise it (jog the robot), it doesn't success. there is an error 20051 :

The command is only allowed when the client is in control of the resource (program/motion).

and the action advice is:

1) Check if the client is in control, by checking "Write Access" in RobotStudioOnline.

2) Check if the client who ought to be in control really is.

i try to request write access from RS online, but it still doesn't work. when i switch the mode to manual,turn on the motor and start to jog, the mode is change to auto, and change again to manual but the safety guard  is stop.and the robot doesn't move anyway. it always like that, and i don't know why. can you help me?

thanks a lot

regards,

indah carmila

Comments

• carmila
    Options

added info: that case is only for the robot that has programmed before.

if the robot doesn't programmed before, i can jog it using the FP.

indah carmila
  • John Wiberg
    Options

Moved to the RobotStudio forum.

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Try this

1. Open the Virtual FlexPendant (VFP)

2. Switch to manual mode using the small IRC5 button just to the left of the joystick on the VFP GUI. The key will appear which lets you switch to manual mode.

3. Press "Enable" button. This corresponds to the safety pad on the true FlexPendant which must be depressed to bypass the safety system during jogging of the real robot.

4. Open the "Jogging" window on the VFP

5. Jog using the "joystick". You need to press on the right spots, see the GUI for an explanation.

-> Now you should be able to jog the robot.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • carmila
    Options

thanks henrik.

but it still doesn't work. i already select the manual mode, press the enable button, and press the joystick. but when i press the joystick, the mode automatically chane to the auto an change again to the manual with stopped safety guard.

then i press the enable button twice to start the motor, but the mode change again, so i don't have any change to jog the robot.

is it because i don't have the access to jog the robot? if yes, what should i do? actually i don't really understand about the access level and the UAS.

can you help me?

thanks a lot

best regards,

indah carmila
  • carmila
    Options

i'm just examine the status of the write access in RS online. when i can jog the robot (not programmed robot), the status of the write access in RSO is flexpendant.

but when i want to jog the robot (in programmed robot), the status is available. so, i request the write access, and when i select grant from the FP. the status in RSO is <the name of my computer> (not flexpendant). and with this status, i can't jog the robot.

is it the problem?

indah carmila
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi,

What I think you see is RobotStudio grabbing write access automatically. RobotStudio is designed to automatically grab write access when needed. I guess there is some feature enabled in your RS station, which grabs write access even though it does not really need to in this case. Are you using any features in particular?

Just to test the behaviour, try to save and close your current station and open the same system in a new station to see if you get the same behaviour.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • carmila
    Options

hi, henrik.

i already try your tips. i save&close my station, and i open the same system in a new station. do you mean the new station is a non-programmed station?

in a new& non-programmed station, i can jog the robot. but when i add the move program (along the path), i can't jog anymore.

you wrote: Are you using any features in particular?

i only make the move program along the path that combine from 2 curves. that's all. and i use the system irb 2400. maybe i make mistake in create new controller system? (i mean in new controller system wizard). i don't really understand many option in modify option.

carmila2008-6-12 6:34:38
    indah carmila
  • carmila
    Options

today i try to make the target, and path manually. The robot can move along the path. and, it can be jog with flex pendant!!!image

But... when I add some movement by adding a path fom the curve, it can't be jogged again..image The same problem come again

(the mode automatically chane to the auto an change again to the manual with stopped safety guard. then i press the enable button twice to start the motor, but the mode change again, so i don't have any change to jog the robot.)

is there any differences between the path from manual target and the path from the curve?

thanks before

indah carmila