RobotStudio event

Painting Demonstration

Options

I have just received a request to create a simulation for two IRB 5400s painting a particular part.

1, Are there any 5400 models available yet? If so, how might I obtain a copy and make it work in either Robot Studios or IGRIP?

2, Is IGRIP the only system that still has a paint spray/coloring option? Does Robot Studios have something similar or a way to fake it without just changing the color option on the whole part?

Lisa Cardon
Saving the world from the scum of the universe.

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Lisa,

1. IRB5400 is supported by S4P and not yet by IRC5P. As a consequence you can simulate it with RobotStudio for S4 4.x but not with RobotStudio for IRC5 5.x.

Simulation models for RobotStudio 4.x are included with the installation. Simulation models for IGRIP are available on request.

2. ABB has a software called "Virtual Applicator" to predict the paint result given the process parameters. In addition, Paint PowerPac is an add-in to RobotStudio for S4 that is useful when programming paint systems. RobotStudio does not simulate the coloring of a part, but according to my information RobCad has a module to simulate painting of a part.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB