RobotStudio event

OpenGL issue

Options

Hello,

I recently migrated our RobotStudio to a Dual-Xeon workstation with a nVidia Quadro FX 3000 graphics card.

Therefor I transfered the stations with Pack&Go onto the new system. When i unpack&work the stations, Robot Studio crashes after initializing the Virtual Control. In Direct3D everything works fine.

Now the problem is that i have to get it to work with OpenGL, as performance in Direct3D is really poor. We have quite complex stations with many X-thousands-point-paths and working with D3D is a pain.

I know that it is not a simple driver issue with OpenGL, because there is a workaround:

If I open RobotStudio in OpenGL, then create a new station and, on the Template System, change the Location from "D:RobotstudioSettings..." (the directory we keep our stations and RS settings in) to "C:ProgrammeABB Industrial ITRobotics  ITMediapool" ((the installation path of RobotStudio), a new station will open up in OpenGL without any errors.

After this, i can close this unsaved station and open our complex stations, that have been unpack&work'ed before in D3D, in OpenGL without any problems! That is also why i know that performance under OpenGL is very satisfactory and why i dearly want it to work.

I believe it just needs some tempering with the directories. I will be grateful for any hints and advices!

Oh, it all runs on Windows XP Pro 32bit, Robot Studio 5.10.2400.147 with latest RobotWare and the latest nVidia graphics driver.

Regards,

Michael Fink

fraunhofer_ipt2008-6-12 14:27:36

Comments

• Hi Michael,

Could you please try to replace RobotStudioinUiGfxRenderer.dll with the attached file and let me know if it makes a difference.

2008-06-12_161025_UiGfxRenderer.zip

Also, please create a report with the support tool and send it to me at johannes.weiman(at)se.abb.com

regards,
    Johannes
    Johannes Weiman2008-6-13 8:26:43
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics
  • Hi Johannes,

I've tried it with the file replaced but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've just sent you an error report by e-mail.

Regards,

Michael

• Hi Michael,

I just realized I'm having some email troubles image
    Could you send the report to henrik.berlin(at)se.abb.com also.

thanks, Johannes

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics