RobotStudio event

Memory Management Question?

Options

I went through the posted procedure to check for memory leaks and it worked well, I was able to find and fix a few issues while debugging.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

I do notice one message whenever I open my application and I'm not sure if I should be concerned about it or not.  Below is the message on the console:

"We have a hidden exception that has been taken care of:

The Text ID 'Rimrock Ladle Robot' does not exist in the Text Resources at GetString in ABB.Robotics.Tps.Resources.TpsResourceManager END (at 442768)"

Is there something in my code I should change to prevent this message from occurring?

Thanks,

Toby

Comments

• RussD
    Options

You don't have to do anything about this. THe message means that the system looked for but didn't find an external text resource file for the current system language.

Russell Drown
  • Ingela
    Options

Hi,

I am glad to hear that you are using the recommended procedures, as it is indeed extremely important not to neglect memory management on devices with limited memory resources. (Especially as the applications on the FP are usually run continuously)

No, you don't need to worry about that message.

In the attribute on top of your "view" class you probably write something like this:
    [assembly: TpsView("Rimrock Ladle Robot", "tpu-Operator32.gif", "tpu-Operator16.gif", "TpsView....dll", ....)]
    The reason you get a hidden exception is because the FP SDK internals look for a text ID, rather than a hard-coded string to be displayed in the ABB menu when executing the code inside the attribute, i.e. expects something like:

[assembly: TpsView(
    "ABBMENU_TXT_RIMROCK", "tpu-Operator32.gif", "tpu-Operator16.gif", "TpsView....dll", ...., "RimrockTexts.dll")]

where it looks up ABBMENU_TXT_RIMROCK in the text resource files of  RimrockTexts.dll (or among the text resources ID:s of the standard FP applications) and presents the right text depending on which is the currently active language on the FlexPendant. If it cannot find the ID among its text resources, it will display the string as is (and in your case that is what you want). If you were using text resources and multi language support and got this exception you would see that the text dispalyed in the abb menu would be ABBMENU_TXT_RIMROCK, which in this case would not be what you had expected, and something you would need to do something about.

Ingela2008-6-12 15:45:41
    Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden