RobotStudio event

FP SDK and Web applications?

Options

Hello everyone,

I'm going through the different functionnalities that are brought to me by RAB and am starting to get into some more specific stuff.

Is it possible, in any way, to display information from "outside" of the robot through the FlexPendant?  Could I use the controller's Ethernet connection to access a PLC, or a webserver, and display information on my FlexPendant screen?  This could bring very neat possibilities and is worth checking into... if it's at all possible.

From what I've seen as of now, it doesn't seem to be possible.  But it doesn't say anywhere that it's not possible, either... I just haven't seen anywhere that says it IS possible.

Comments

• RussD
    Options
    The FlexPendant itself is incapable of routing out of the controller, i.e. it only talks to the controller on a private, internal network. About the closest you could come to accomplishing something like you describe would be to implement a RAPID Data interface that could communicate to the outside world, for instnace via Socket Messaging or PC Interface, and then interact with the data interface via the FlexPendant.
    Russell Drown
  • ATess
    Options

Nice to know!  Thank you very much for your quick response, your help is much appreciated.