RobotStudio event

FlexPendant App Access VS User Access

Options

I need for my FP application to have MORE access rights to the control than the current logged on user.

ex:  We want to limit UAS of the operator, BUT I need the FP application to still be able to have full access...   ie, the User will use the FP application to perform functions that are otherwise restricted from him/her.

I have not had success with this yet.  Once I limit the UAS rights of the default user, then everything goes bad.  It seems that the FP application gets the same access as whatever user is currently logged on......

Is this true?,.... Am I missing something?.....  Is there a way around this?

kegley1822008-6-24 17:18:11
Mike Kegley

Comments

• Ingela
    Options

Hello,

Yes, you are right. There is no support in the FP SDK to give more access rights than the currently logged on user has.

The scenario you have should be fairly common for a customized application, I think, i.e. you want the user to be able to do certain things from your tailor-made application, but he/she should not be allowed similar operations from the standard FP applications. This is something that we wish to add support for, but unfortunately there is none yet....

Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden
  • Marcos
    Options
    Hello,

You can add user groups from Robot Studio Online. Something like "UAS Administration."
    Later, you can access to this groups from FP.

Marcos.

• kegley182
    Options

How?...   How do you access the UAS groups from the FP programatically?....   remember the user will be logged in under the default user...   How does the FP access using a different user(or user group) than the person that is currently logged on?

Mike Kegley
  • Marcos
    Options

Sorry, i express incorrectly.
    You can use the UAS, for test the user logged on grants.

bye
    Marcos

Marcos2008-6-26 22:56:19
  • RussD
    Options

You can use the function GetCurrentGrants to see what grants the current user has, then you can enable/disable functionality based on what you find.

Have you experimented with allowing different groups limited access like ModifyRapidDataValue and WriteIO to see if your application will work? It's a bit of trial and error to see exactly what grants are required for full and minimum functionality.

If you read the grants when your application starts, you can disable certain functions that require higher access levels while still enabling others that don't require it. Note that your app will be closed by the system when a user logs out.

Maybe you can limit the access of default user and assign more access for other groups.

RussD2008-6-26 23:10:25
    Russell Drown