RobotStudio event

Robotstudio License Renewal.

Options

Hi,

I have installed Robotstudio 5.09 in my machine and the license for the same is expiring on 24th, July 2008.

I received a communication from ABB software factory, that my license is renewed with the same license ID till 24th, July 2009 and the licensed product is Robotstudio 5.10.

For renewing the same, i tried with the License Installation Wizard (with the RobotStudio 5.09 still installed on the system but 5.10 not yet installed), the license validity still showed 24th, July 2008 only.

Should i uninstall 5.09 and install 5.10 and then try this procedure for renewal?? or is there any other requirement??.

Awaiting an early reply.

Vythianathan.

Arcee Automations.

Comments

• Tonje
    Options

Hi Arcee,

Under the year you have bought the rights to use RobotStudio you get all the new Releases for free. The latest one now is 5.10.

When the license is renewed it is renewed for the latest version available at the renewal time. In your case for the 5.10, even if you have delayed in upgrading it to the latest one.

So the solution is to upgrade to 5.10 and then to the same procedure for renewal. The new license key for 5.10 should then be valid until 2009.

Tonje Sandberg
    Service Training Coordinator
    ABB AB / Robotics Products
  • ARCEE
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did the same and my license is valid till July 2009.

Vythianathan.

Arcee Automations.