RobotStudio event

Different Lettertype Real vs Virtual

Options

Hello,

Software: VC  : 5.10

Real Controller : 5.10

I have the following problem. When creating a RAB application and watch it on the real controller the text in the screen looks ok. When I load this application in a Virtual controller the text is bigger! (See Picture)

The font I use in VS is Tahoma; 10pt.

Do anybody have a solution?

ScreenShot Real Controller

ScreenShot Virtual Controller

Comments

• Hello,

Text size may differ slightly between the real device and the virtual FlexPendant, but not this much! Have you found out what caused this appearance on the virtual FP?

Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden
  • Jaaahhh
    Options

Hello,

No, still have the same problem. Do you got the same problem? Do I use the correct lettertype?

Greetings,

Edwin

• Hi,

I have worked with several applications in the real & virtual environment, but never come across anything like this.

You should use the pre-defined fonts to save memory on the device, TpsFont.Font10 (= Tahoma 10). But I do not believe this is the problem. How come the first text in your screen looks the same in the two screenshots, but not the rest?

Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden
  • Jaaahhh
    Options

Hello,

I checked the font of the first to lines, it is "Microsoft Sans Serif; 9,75pt". This is working ok, but it's not ok for the memory then?

I will give it a try for the other lettertype's. Will be in 2 day's. Thanks for the quick reaction.

Greetings,

Edwin

• RussD
    Options
    Might have somethig to do with your desktop resolution, or maybe if you turn the Large Fonts setting on in your display setings.
    Russell Drown
  • Jaaahhh
    Options
    Hello,

If I change the display properties of my laptop it does not make a different. Can I change something in robotstudio?

I made a new screenshot. The highest label has the text property : Tahoma; 10pt

The lowest  label has the text property :  Arial;      10pt

I tried to change the resolution and the Large Fonts settings, lucky for me it did not work! It is not a options to work with a low resolution for Robotstudio and change it for working with exel!

What can it be????

Best Regards,