RobotStudio event

Knowing if an operating system option...

Options

Hello all,

We are preparing some libraries in order to develop code in a much faster way, and in our machines we can understand/think that some parts of the program are always the same.

There are somethings that depend on a specific option to be installed in the system.  E.G. the WaitSyncTask function depends on the Multimove option.

I'd love to be able to maintain the same libraries for systems with the multimove option and for systems without the multimove option installed.  In order to do this I should be able to read/know/discover if the Multimove option is installed or not in RAPID instructions.

I've been looking for that in the manuals but I've not been able to find it so any help will be appreciated.

As always thank you in advance.

Comments

• RussD
    Options

You cannot get this information directly from RAPID, it is possible from RAB however, if that helps at all.

If you only care about MultiMove, maybe you can use ReadCfgData to look in the cfg for signs of MultiMove, or look at the tasks and check for motion tasks, etc.

However you do it, you could call the code to check it from the POWER_ON event and set a flag every time the robot starts, then use this flag in your code to handle single robots or MultiMove.

Russell Drown
  • Joan
    Options

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Any idea of which signs would be the best to be searched using ReadCfgData?

Thank you again...