RobotStudio event

why do we need triggdata?

Options
I know that RAPID will start processing the following code before finishing moving the robot. That is why ABB designed triggdata. But why don't we just write the same robot-moving command twice? That should ensure that the robot finishes its movement before processing the following code.

Comments

• Joan
    Options

First of all, my english is not my best so I don't know if I've understood you correctly...

If you want to wait the movement to be finished just before making anything else...

You can use:

WaitTime 0;

As far as I know any attempt to modify a signal (DI, DO...) will also stop it.

Also you can place a FINE at the movement just to make it to finish the movement before making something else...

But anyway, I've not understood the point with triggdata... As I understand it it is used precisely to be able to activate an output just at a certain distance from a specified point... something that in the other hand would be impossible (I don't know if placing two movements to the same place and the first one with a bigger zone would work (I suppose that) but you'll have more control with triggdata)...

Hope this helps...

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi,

Use a stop point (zone = fine) if you don't want the following instructions to be executed before the robot has finished motion.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB