RobotStudio event

I can’t connect to the controller..

Options

dear all,

please help me to find outr what's the problem with my controller irb 2400. today i want to try the conveyor tracking option. several days ago I have training about it, and when I try to follow the instruction, it doesn't work.

The error rapid says that undefined user frame. ( I am a very newbie to work with real system). so I read the manual that said the user frame can found in mechanical unit conveyor system. So I search the mechanical unit and found it. So I change the option " using robot:" I select my robot, and then it need to restart, and after that I can't connect to the controller. The error display said I must warm restart by turn off - and on again the switch, or contact the ABB person. I've done the first step, but it not success.

So, please help me. What should I do?

Many thanks for the helps..

indah carmila

Comments

• RussD
    Options

When you shut the controller down, verify that it is shutting down completely by observing that the status LEDs on the PC are all off. Note that this can take several minutes to occur when there are problems with system/config.

After you have verified that it is completely shut down, try restarting it again. Did this start properly this time?

If not, you may need to connect a PC to the serial port and enter console commands to force an advanced restart of the controller.

The console command is restart_ctrl X, where X is a value from 1-6 representing the different modes.

I would try 6 first, which will do a B-start and restore the last good configuration. If this doesn't work, you may have to try 3, which will I-start the system. You will lose any program code that you have not saved elsewhere if this happens.

If you can connect via FTP, you may want to copy any user files back to the PC to avoid losing any work in progress.

Russell Drown
  • Hi, Russell

Thank you for your advice !image

I can connect again to my controller. Fiuhh.. finally, it work again. now, I will try again to learn conveyor tracking.

thank you!!! image

carmila

indah carmila
  • j_proulx
    Options

Hello Carmila,

Follow the Setup section of the Conveyor tracking application manual 3HAC16587-1_revE.pdf. You need to define a number of items such as counts per meter and baseframe.