RobotStudio event

Axis brakes can’t hold the Roboter !

Options
Hello,

i have a problem with 2 robots. There is a big fault sometimes when i'm teaching th robot! When the 2 & 3 axis are nearly to the end of their reach and i quit pushing the "Enable button" it can be happen that the brakes can't hold the robot! In fact the robot smashes on my workobject.

The two robots working in an older cell build in 2002, they weld diffrent kinds of grit's. Both robots have the problem SINCE THE BEGINNING back in 2002. But now the man on the machine want to know why there is a fault, and what we can do now, because the problem getting worser every week.

Was it a general problem at this Robotserial? Or is there maybe a possibility to set the brakes a bit earlier when i quit push the "Enable button"? I think that could be one reason, or the robot just can't hold the weight of himself at that point?

There was already a ABB Service man, but he couldn't find a fault. And our service man also checked everything but could find nothing...image

Hope somone can help me out or has an idee...

Here are the robot & controller Information (both):

Irb 2400L M2000 Floor
Product_Id 3 HAC 6811-1.52 410 Systempack 4.0

and controller: 24-20730 / 24-20731

Best regards "7"

Comments

• avboy
    Options

is there a "parallel limited" error?

i means the angle between axes2 and axes3 is max or min?

avboy2008-8-7 13:7:57
  • 7seven
    Options
    No that wasn't the problem image

What they didn't told me is that there is a lot of weight on axis 2 cause of a holder (4mm metal) for the weld package image

So that's no wonder that the brake sometimes didn't grap...

Best regards "7"