RobotStudio event

How to make cfg. file.

Options

Dear Sir,

I have made my mechanism Turntable. When I created a system from layout and select my table. The system needs to have a .cfg file.

How to get it , From where ?

Could I create it myself ?

Best Regards,

Meckabot ABB

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hello,

You can use the cfg files applied with the RobotWare. In the folder (C:Program FilesABB Industrial ITRobotics ITMediaPoolRobotWare_5.xx.xxutilityAdditionalAxis) will you find files for both linear and rotational axes, for single and Multi Move systems.

For a rotational axis in a single system you should use the file "M7L1B1_DM1.cfg" in the "General" folder.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Nirut
    Options

Thank you for your response Anders,

I have following questions. What is the meaning of DM1...4? And numbers after M, L and B? If my turn table has 2 rotational axes (the first one is horizontal and the second one is vertical), which file should I use?

Thank you,

Nirut

• Dear Sirs,

I'm really beginer in the robot's, and I got a question. I would like to buy my first robot, and know i don't know can i use one IRB 6400 robot with S4 controller with Robotstudio 5.08?? The software will use it??

Thanks,

Lajos
  • Anders S
    Options

Nirut,

DM1-DM4 stands for motion task 1 to 4. If you have a single system you should use DM1 files. In a MultiMove system you can use DM2-4 depending in what motion task the external axis should be added.

I'm not sure what L and B stands for, but if you should use two singles (two axes) I think you should use M7L1B1_DM1 and M8L2B1_DM1. But be aware of that this will be two single axes, so they can't work coordinated together.

If the axes should work coordinated togehter you need to run it as a positioner. A positioner is using an "additional mediapool". Mediapools for all ABB positioners are installed together with RobotStudio, so maybe you can use one of them.

If you find an ABB positioner in RS that have the same axes configuration  as your turntable (maybe IRBP250a), you can create a system with that positioner (with help of "Create System from Layout"), and then change the mechanism to your turntable. You do that in "System Configuration" (right click on the system in the Elements browser and select "System Configuration"). If no ABB positioner match your turntable, you have to order a mediapool from ABB. Contact your local ABB office for support with that.

Lajos,

Read this thread: http://forums.robotstudio.com/forum_posts.asp?T ID=2104&KW=s4+in+irc5

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Dear Mr Spaak,

Thank you for your reply. Now I got an other question to you. What is the different between the SC4 controller and the SC4+ controller?? I can work with the RAPID with SC4 too??

Waiting for your reply,

L
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi,

RAPID was introduced with S4 and is the same in IRC5. 

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • k_schmid
    Options
    Is it still the same in robot studio 6?
    Cannot see xxutilityAdditionalAxis or similar?

• k_schmid
    Options
    just found them moved to
    C:\Users\$USER\AppData\Local\ABB Industrial IT\Robotics IT\RobotWare\RobotWare_6.08.1040\utility\AdditionalAxis
    I previously thought they were gone
  • kschmid
    Options
    My station keep on restoring old controller and motion settings on controller restart, is that in any way intended? saving parameters does nothing, i can load them back but they disappear again.  Is there a better way to handl3e this?