RobotStudio event

fault in boot application

Hi all,

I've got a big problem with my IRC5 controller, because the boot application don't start. I tried it with the "Terminal.exe" (X-Start), but without success. It seems that on the hd0a aren't any files. The FP goes in boot mode and want to connect to the robot controller, but the controller do not start. I can#t also install a new system, because the controller goes not in boot mode. (I think so)

Are there any suggetions?

Comments

• hi,

can you connect to controller via console?

(I think I already have the same case with you. please check to use RussD advice as you read in http://forums.robotstudio.com/forum_posts.asp?T ID=2335&PN=3. Perhaps it will help...)

Good luck

carmila2008-9-17 11:10:23
    indah carmila
  • Hi carmila,

thanks for your reply.

I've connected my PC via serial channel (console) and tried to get access with the Terminal.exe. But the controller didn't goes in boot mode. It means the FP want to restart all the time.

Now, the good message: I have solved the fault with an image of my hd0a.

• hi,

i'm glad to hear your good message.image

may i know what image of your hd0a that can correct your error? ( maybe sometime if i have same error, i can try your solutionimage)

thanks before

indah carmila
  • Hi carmila,

you need a pc with a free IDE slot and a backup software ("Acronis" for instance). Take your hd0a (flashmodule) out of the cpu from the controller and put it into the free IDE slot. You have to connect the Flashmodule with 5V power supply. Windows ought recognizes the hd0a as D: and E:. Now, you start the backup program and make an image of the complete hd0a and safe this on your pc.
    In case of the described fault, you reinstall the image on your hd0a and it works.

Hope it helps you.

best regards

• hi, could someone share the image/copy of the booting OS, to install it in IDE flash card of IRC5 controller.
    Regards,
    Nandha Gopal
  • I too face the similar issue of OS corrupted in the IDE flashcard of the IRC5 controller and I don't have any other robot/source to copy and install in it. Moreover, once the main power switch is on flex pendant only says connecting to the controller not booting. when checked by connecting a monitor it says "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" could you please share with me the backup of your OS. looking to hear from you. Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
    Nandha Gopal