RobotStudio event

Cartesian Soft Servo in multi-direction

Options
Hi,
I am playing around the CSS in 5.11.0016 (ABB Internal).
I want to activate CSS in ALL the Cartesian direction (i.e. X, Y and Z).
But CSSAct only accepts ONE direction.
Has anybody try this with success ?  If so could you teach me how ?
Thanks !    - sxc86

Comments

• Rookie
    Options
    According to some tests done with ABB, you can only have one direction of freedom.  I do not know exactly what kind of application you have, but see CSS as a spring.
  • j_proulx
    Options
    Hello,
    SoftMove can only be used in one axis. from the manual

Main parameters for basic behaviour

SoftMove can be used in one of the Cartesian directions X, Y, or Z and this direction can be chosen to be in relation to either the tool or the work object. The basic behaviour of the softness is mainly controlled by two parameters - stiffness and damping.
  • Fb-CIA
    Options
    I confirm. I used the option in one plant just installed and I can confirm what have been said.
    Fabio
    C.I.A. Automation and Robotics
    www.ciaautomazione.it
  • hi..
    I want to know more about soft servo for cartesian. I already use the rw5.10 for my robot. if i want to use soft servo for cartesian, am i need to create new system using rs 5.11? or can i use the installed system (rw 5.10)?

I need it in order to make the movement smoother, because I need to move some fragile object using robot. is it enough to use the soft servo for cartesian only?

thanks before.

best regards,

carmila
    indah carmila
  • Hi
    Cartesian soft move is an option you can bay for the robot

Regards
    Knud Erik Lindberg
    Jorgensen Engineering
  • Rookie
    Options
    CSS is only available from RW5.11
  • John Wiberg
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if I can use "relation to either the tool or the work object" then I could define any angle that I want? Then by redifing that wobj I could change the angle for the next targets and so on?
  • Peter_ABB
    Options
    Hello carmila View Drop Down, if softMove can't bring your good results for fragile object . you can try an other option: ForceControl, it's very smooth.
    Peter
  • hi peter

thanks for your advice. is force control also can used in rw 5.10? or only in rw 5.11?
    thank you.

best regards,
    carmila

indah carmila
  • j_proulx
    Options
    Hello Carmila,
    Both SoftMove and FC Assembly are available as options in RW 5.10.01.

If you are trying to move a fragile object try adjusting you acceleration and deceleration of your movements using the Rapid instructions AccSet or PathAccLim. These commands will allow you to soften the movements. These will add cycle time to the process.

BR

Jim Proulx
  • Rookie
    Options
    Hi Inda,

Yes, if you redefine your workobject you can adjust the direction. Force control is the 'big brother' of CSS, also more expensive... Force control uses extra sensors which are directly connected into the control system of the robot. CSS is more or less a software solution.

Hope this helps.
  • hi all,

thank you for the responses. I will explore and learn more about force control and css.

thankss..Big smile

BR

carmila
    indah carmila
  • Peter_ABB
    Options
    good luck, Carmila!
    Peter