RobotStudio event

Press Synchronisation

Options
Dear all,

I have recently procured a IRB 1410 robot along with IRC 5 Controller.  Our application is for material handling ( Pick & place application) from Hydraulic press.  The hydraulic press is fitted with a linear scale.

The robot has to pick up the tile from the press.  The robot waits before the press.  I want a synchronised motion along with the press.  When the top ram is going up, the robot TCP has to move in a synchronised way.  Can you please advice how to do, with the exisiting setup. 

If possible can anyone send me a sample codification. 

Comments

• Rookie
    Options
    Hi Alagesan, what is the distance the robot has to travel up? ( Or the movement of the top ram). Is the robot holding the tile when it is pressed, or is it completely outside the press?
  • j_proulx
    Options
    Hello,
    ABB has a software option called Analog Synchronization (607-2) which will do what you want. Check with your local ABB Representative to obtain this option.

Analog Synchronization adjusts the robot speed to an external moving device (for example a machine) with the help of an analog linear sensor attached to the moving device. This Analog Synchronization option simplifies programming and improves productivity of any loading/unloading application, since it provides automatic sensor status check and speed adjustment.
    The robot TCP speed will be adjusted in correlation to the sensor output, so that the robot will reach the programmed robtargets at the same time as the external device reaches the programmed position. The synchronization is started/stopped with a RAPID instruction combined with movement instructions (fine points or corner zones).