RobotStudio event

Restore failes

Options

I'm using Visual studio 2005 and Robot Application Builder 5.10.1040

I'm using the Backup/Restore example as described in the user manual. The Restore code looks like:

string restoreDir = "(BACKUP)$" + "/Test_01";
using (Mastership mc = Mastership.Request(this.aController.Configuration), mr = Mastership.Request(this.aController.Rapid))
{
this.aController.Restore(restoreDir);
}

The restore function throws up a argument exception with the error message: "Value does not fall within the expected value".

If I restore the same backup by using the FlexPendant then it works fine.

Does somebody know the solution for this problem?

Comments

• RussD
    Options

Are you sure you are actually getting mastership correctly by stepping through the code to make sure that mc and mr are not null? What is the actual exception type that you are getting? You must be logged on to the controller with a user that has the UAS_RESTORE grant and the controller must be in auto mode in order to restore.

Russell Drown
  • I'm not using the example completely as described above, because i've implemented it in my own code. I have all masterships and I have all UAS rights on the controller and I'm in automode.

I'm giving in as described in above example the restoreDir path and I already have then the masterships. The Restore just fails with the exception "Argument Exception", message: "value does not fall within the expected value".  I wan't to know what's wrong with my path or what the exception means with not in range, because backup function works fine with it.