RobotStudio event

Problem with simulation and moving along path

Options
I have downloaded the RS yesterday form official site ABB. And have same problems with command "Move along path": "program pointer lost". What have I do to prevent thar error? Thank u.

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi Ivanov,

The error message "Program Pointer Lost" is a side-effect of how the function "Move Along Path" works. First, RS synchronizes the path to a temporary module of the VC, sets the program pointer, executes the path, and removes the module. When the module is removed, the error message "Program Pointer Lost" appears. The message is generated by the VC, and there is no good way RobotStudio can filter messages from the VC event log. You can safely ignore this particular message.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • How can i ignore this message? in output window i can see this information:

IRB1600_6kg_1: Close to singularity

After this error there is no motion, but when i used command "Auto Configuration" the path is tracked correctly. Thank u for ur answer.

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

This message cannot be ignored. It says the your path has a "mathematical" problem. For instance, when axis 5 = 0 is a singular point. Then the inverse kinematics (IK) problem has infinitely many solutions (the same target can in this case be reached by combining any value of axis 4 and with the same negative value of axis 6). The controller will have problems to reach a point for which axis 5 is zero or close to zero. There are other singular points as well. The reason the "Auto Configuration" method works is because there is a different implementation of the IK that has slightly different behaviour. If you double click on the error message in RS or check the event log you will get a suggestion how to solve the problem. I think there is an option you can use to make the robot take a slightly different path (SingArea or something) to run through the singular area. But to remain full control over the motion you should really change your program to avoid the singular point.

Here you see an obvious benefit of offline programming with the VC: You find the singular points in the office and not on the shopfloor.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB