RobotStudio event

Robotstudio 5.11 versions?

Options
Hi
I guess that if RS 5.11 isn't registered the functionality will be corresponding to the "old" RSO, but when registered what is the difference between "Basic" and "Full" version? I Can't seem to find any info about that.. 

/Peter

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

Basic = RSO + Virtual IRC5 (requires Full or Custom installation). Minimal instalallation only gives the Online features, which is less than the Basic.

From the Release Notes:

To continue using your product with all of its features, you must activate it. RobotStudio Product Activation is based on Microsoft anti-piracy technology and designed to verify that software products are legitimately licensed.

Activation works by verifying that the Activation Key is not in use on more personal computers than are permitted by the software license.

How do I activate RobotStudio?

When you start RobotStudio for the first time after installation, you are prompted to enter your Activation Key.

Grace period: Before entering a valid Activation Key, you can run the software, in Premium functionality mode, with all the features enabled, for a grace period of up to 30 days. However, after entering a valid Activation Key, you will see only the features you have purchased.

Note: CAD-converters are not enabled during the Grace period.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Basic functionality mode: After the grace period, the software reverts to Basic functionality mode unless you have entered a valid Activation Key. In Basic functionality mode, RobotStudio only allows the use of the Online and basic Virtual Controller features. No existing files or stations are harmed in Basic functionality mode. After activating your software, you will have full functionality for the features you have purchased.

Note: Activation is not required for the Online features for programming, configuring and monitoring a real controller connected over Ethernet.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Petjo
    Options
    Hi again.

Yes but there must be a difference between basic and full version (or premium as it says in yor reply) What is the basic virtual controller features and what is the premium ones?

In other words, what features do I miss if I have a basic license?

/Peter
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi,

In Basic, you can connect to a real controller, you can start a VC, use the VFP and edit RAPID in the RAPID Editor. In Premium, you can import geometry, use several VCs, use external equipment, graphically generate paths and targets, synchronize your RAPID program from the station to the VC and vice versa.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Petjo
    Options
    So I can't build new stations with imported cad models from scratch if I dont have RS premium but I can open, run and edit programs in an existing station, is that correct? 
    If I want the same functions as RS 5.10 I need to go premium..?
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

In Basic, you can create and start VC systems. But you need Premium to build or open stations. (RS 5.10 = RS 5.11 Premium).

Henrik Berlin
    ABB