RobotStudio event

IRB360 doesn't work

Options
Hello,
I made very simple data of 360 but it didn't work. The 2 targets are around home position but error message says it's out of range. First, I want to upload the file but don't have the permission. Where can I get it? After that, please check my data.

BR

Yu

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi Yu,

Have you followed the workaround in the release notes?

"IRB360 must be manually jogged into its working range using the VFP

The VC for IRB360 has a default value lying outside the working range. Program execution will fail since the VC will complain that the robot is outside its limits. This applies to all variants of the IRB360 ().

Workaround: Jog the robot axes into their working range before starting program execution."<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Yu I
    Options
    Hi Henrik,
    Why 360 has this strange setting? I have to explain to customers.

Yu 
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi Yu,

The reason is that all robots are set to the calibration position by the VC when started. The calibration position for IRB360 is at -47 degrees which is outside the limit of -46.1 degrees. The calibration procedure for the IRB360 involve some manual steps which involve pushing the axes by hand to -47 (see the IRB360 manual for the complete calibration procedure). This would not caused a problem for RobotStudio if it hadn't been for a regression in the internal API for setting robot position, see release notes:

Jump To Target and Jump To Move Instruction does not set robot position in VC

The functions Jump To Target and Jump To Move Instruction no longer sets the robot position to the selected target or move instruction (SPR1033878).

This problem will be solved in 5.11.01. Also, the start position for the IRB360 will be set to zero in the VC for 5.11.01.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB