RobotStudio event

Event 10051 Event Routine missing

Options
Hi,

Does anyone know where the event routines are normally stored?

The routines I'm talking about are the ones that are linked to events called "STOP", "QSTOP", "RESET", "RESTART", "POWER_ON" under Configuration>Controller>Event Routine>

When I run my project it comes up with errors when I press the stop/start buttons on the flexpendant (and also on reboot). These errors say that the routines linked to these events don't exist, but should be in a System Module.

I haven't encountered this in previous systems and just wonder where these are normally stored, because I obviously don't have them in this one.

Any help would be great!

Cheers,
Ben

Comments

• kegley182
    Options

event routines are defined by the user (YOU.. or the system integrator)..... where they reside is defined by the user and which routines are connected to which events are defined by the user.  

Using RSO(5.10) select the control in question, then; select the  "configuration" branch; then the "controller" branch and then the "event routne" branch....

There you will see which system "events" are connected to which "routines".... which tasks; which sequence..... etc

Deleting the event configuration is the quickest way to make things work if you don't need them(specially for virtual controls)

you can follow these instructions for 5.11 as well.... it's one of the few things that is still the same.

Mike Kegley
  • Thanks for clearing some of that up for me Mike.
    However the errors I get (Event Message 10051 say that the "Task could not start the specified event routine StopEvent. The routine is either unknown to the system or the program is unlinkable."
    "StopEvent" is declared as a routine under the event routine branch you talk about, and is linked to a system event called "Stop". So to me that would say that the routine is 'known', but maybe the "StopEvent" routine needs to be defined somewhere (inside a module)?

I've always used previous projects and just re-hashed it to make it work, so I'm lost as to where these routines are normally located. It would seem to me that these routines are standard parts of all projects because they are the most logical use of the Stop/Start/Fwd/Rev buttons on the side of the flexpendant.
  • kegley182
    Options

the following is a "declaration" of the "StopEvent" routine

PROC StopEvent()
        !this routine does nothing... code what you want it to do
    ENDPROC

You can put this routine in any module (in the specified task) and your problem is fixed...(for that particular error)  OR, you can delete that specific event routine configuration

What you are calling a "declaration"... is NOT a declaration... it is more like a "pointer" to a routine.  It is ABB's mechanism for connecting system events to routines.... it is very similiar to setting "traps".  Connecting "trap routines" to IO events via "interupts".

the system event is ABB's event... it always fires

the configuration mechanism of that event to call a routine is provided by ABB

the actual event that you call... or to call one at all, is yours...

IF the event is configured to call a routine, then you must make that routine available.... that is what the system is complaining about.... YOU don't have a routine named "StopEvent". 

... so you can make one... OR you can delete the config item

Try one of those, and if that doesn't work(for that specific error), you are having a problem I've never seen before.

kegley1822008-10-14 21:09:26
    Mike Kegley
  • Yes you are correct - my terminology is wrong!

By deleting these pointers it has removed the errors while still linking theA?Stop/Start/Fwd/Rev buttons to the standard ABB events.

I'm not sure where these routines may have been in previous projects but somehow they got removed when I loaded new keys in for this project. As I'm not wanting to do anything special with these events I'll just leave them out.

Thanks for your help,
    BenCool