RobotStudio event

Smartac, Search_1D question !

Options
Hi everyone,

hope someone can help me out with my problem. Our robots working as welding machines and when i use the Search_1D, sometimes my torch sensor didn't find anything. That can happen because the thing i want to search is to far away Smile And that isn't really the problem, but when you find nothing with the Search_1D the Flexpendant show's you're a message and you have to do a choice:

Try again (with 50% longer search)    -     Ignore     -    Cancel

Of course i choice Try again! And then normally he finds the thing i search! But i want it totaly automatic! I want for example an "one time" automatic repeat, i don't want to make a choice by my own at this point. I hope you understand what i mean...

The problem is the ABB module Smartac.sys is cryptet, so i can't  put a repeat or something into the rapid programm. Cry

Has anyone another idea how can i do that?

Cheers "7"

Comments

• Hi,

I am not sure if you can trap the error in a error handler, or if the retry statement in the error handler will  give you the 50% longer search - but this would probably be the best way if it works.

Put the error handler in the routine with search command in it (see the Technical Reference Manual - Rapid Overview or Technical Reference Manual - Rapid Kernal for more information on error handlers).

Or you could move the start point away from the part so the search is longer (the search continues for twice the distance between the start and search points).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Graeme