RobotStudio event

Linked Motor offset error

Options
Hi,

I have a model of a gantry system with a robot mounted to it. The gantry has a linked motor setup (two motors drive the whole gantry along the track). In RS5.10 when i first started up the model i would have to set the bogie (follower motor) to the same as the actual motor using jog mechanism and could then proceed (this was using ROBOTWARE_5.10.1040.

Now using rs 5.11 (with RobotWare_5.11.0160) i cannot get this to work. I can startup the model and set the bogie to the same as the master as before. But whenever i try to run a program the bogie jumps back to 0 and i get a linked motor error (position offset between motors). If i start with the master at 0 it will move a small amount before giving the error (~1-3mm).

Has anyone else had this problem or a similiar think with linked motors?

When i used the unpack and go option in 5.10 i believe on the flexpendant i would have two tasks (foreground and background) i am not getting this on 5.11 . I think the linked motor function runs in the background task, but i do not know how to get this working as i have restored a backup and it has not added this task.

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi Matt,

Can you get it to work if you select RobotWare _5.10.1040 to be used when you Unpack&Work the station in RobotStudio 5.11?
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • DanS
    Options
    I had a similar problem....Try setting the absolute max speed of the follower to less than that of the master.
  • mattdavis
    Options
    i dont have 5.1-.1040 on this computer, and i'm not sure where i got it from. I think it may have been from kranendonk. Is there somewhere onn the ABB site you can get various robotwares from?
  • mattdavis
    Options

works okay with 5.10.0149

still no background task setup, but the linked motor is moving okay.

actually, this combination of robotstudio and robotware seems to work better. When i took a program and loaded it onto the vc (using the flexpendant to load it) and then synchronised the paths shown would never actually line up with where the robot would move in 5.10

They seem to be lining up now. I think this problem was caused by a bit of a workaround we did so that our gantry was not upside down in robotstudio (the robot is mounted upside down).

mattdavis2008-10-29 00:42:05
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi Matt,

Previous RobotWare editions are not freely downloadable for non-ABB users. But you will find RobotWare 5.10.01 on the RobotStudio 2008 distribution and Robotware 5.10 on the RobotStudio 5.10 distribution. If you need a specific RobotWare version, you local ABB office can help you.

If you suspect there has been a regression in RobotStudio or RobotWare, please get in touch with your local ABB office.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB