RobotStudio event

RAB 5.10 Application in RobotStudio 5.11

Options
Hi!
I have an application devolloped with RAB 5.10 and it is still working in real controller and in RobotStudio 5.10.

Now, I am trying to open the same virtual controller and station that I used to use in RS 5.10 but in RS 5.11. The problem is that the application does 't work. When I try to open the application from de Viraul FP, it could A't create/find the rapid data types. Also the viratual FP of the RS 5.11 show this error:

"Does not have the required persmission to access the path ../../../Home/Config "

Is there somenthing different between RS 5.10 and 5.11 with RAB applications?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Ulises Strangis

Comments

• Ari Suomela
    Options
    Hi Ulises,

you should try to re-compile your application with RAB 5.11.

Best Regards,
  • Ok. I will try that.

Thanks!

BR, Ulises

• kegley182
    Options

I have the same problems, large FP application implementations that have worked in 5.09 and 5.10, but now suddenly there are limitless bugs.... would like to specify but for there are so many!....    Everything from making the FP non-responsive at startup... to simply long lists of call stacks traces appearing instead of the application... or just the application showing up as a blank white screen.      Recompiling doesn't help...

Additionally, rebuilding from templates and injecting the C# raw text does not work either... even after numerous "obsolete" code replacements... and Much debugging....

Is it not reasonable to expect 5.10 RAB code to work with 5.11... ?

Is there anything that  is known by the RAB FP sdk development team that will allow stable longstandig FP 5.10 apps to work in 5.11..  ?

How tentative/sure is the upcoming update to RAB and RW....  is it really only a couple of weeks?     Can I get a Beta!?... I'll help test.... 
    Mike Kegley
  • RussD
    Options
    To Ulises:

This is from the RS 5.11 Release Notes:

In order to comply with Windows Vista Logo Demands, changes have been made to the Virtual Controller (VC) regarding the storage path for the User Authorization System (UAS).
    The change, together with other changes made to the VC will make the 5.11 VC fully Windows Vista compliant, but will also change the behavior of the UAS system for a VC. Up until version 5.10 (including sub revisions) of the VC, the UAS settings has been stored on a per machine basis, which means that any changes made to the UAS system, such as adding or removing users, would affect all of the Virtual Controllers that would run on the PC. From version 5.11 and onwards (including sub revisions) the UAS settings for VC will be stored on a per user basis, which means that changes only affects the current user of the PC.If another user is logged in on the PC, different UAS settings will be available.
    The benefits with this change is that users from now on cannot change or manipulate each other?_Ts UAS settings, which was a potential security issue if malicious code is allowed to run on the PC. This is a change of policy from ABB Robotics point of view for a VC, and we therefore need to inform about this policy change.
    The change also means that a user will not automatically get the same UAS settings for VC?_Ts older than 5.10 when running a 5.11 VC.
    In order to manually copy the UAS settings follow the steps listed below:
    When running Microsoft Windows XP:
    1. Make sure no Virtual Controllers are running
    2. Open a Explorer window
    3. Locate the source folder: ?_oC:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataABB Industrial ITRobotics ITRobVC?__
    4. Select and copy all of the files in this folder
    5. Locate the destination folder: ?_oC:Documents and Settings\Application DataABB
    Industrial ITRobotics ITRobVC?__ * Where should be replaced with the currently logged on user name.
    6. Paste the files in the destination folder
    When running Microsoft Windows Vista:
    1. Make sure no Virtual Controllers are running
    2. Open a Explorer window
    3. Locate the source folder: ?_oC:ProgramDataABB Industrial ITRobotics ITRobVC?__
    4. Select and copy all of the files in this folder
    5. Locate the destination folder: ?_oC:Users\AppDataRoamingABB Industrial ITRobotics ITRobVC?__ * Where should be replaced with the currently logged on user name.
    6. Paste the files in the destination folder
    RussD2008-11-22 17:48:27
    Russell Drown
  • RussD
    Options
    [QUOTE=kegley182]

I have the same problems, large FP application implementations that have worked in 5.09 and 5.10, but now suddenly there are limitless bugs.... would like to specify but for there are so many!....    Everything from making the FP non-responsive at startup... to simply long lists of call stacks traces appearing instead of the application... or just the application showing up as a blank white screen.      Recompiling doesn't help...

Additionally, rebuilding from templates and injecting the C# raw text does not work either... even after numerous "obsolete" code replacements... and Much debugging....

Is it not reasonable to expect 5.10 RAB code to work with 5.11... ?

Is there anything that  is known by the RAB FP sdk development team that will allow stable longstandig FP 5.10 apps to work in 5.11..  ?

How tentative/sure is the upcoming update to RAB and RW....  is it really only a couple of weeks?     Can I get a Beta!?... I'll help test.... 
    [/QUOTE]

It has not been my experience that there are lots of incompatibilities between 5.10 and 5.11. Can you post some samples of code that no longer work, also examples of obsolete code? I would expect those if you we're migrating older PCSDK projects, but I haven't run many in FPSDK. Are you having problems on the VC, the physical device, or both?

One other possibility, make sure that if you have added FPSDK controls to the VS toolbox in the past, that you need to update your toolbox to make sure you are using the 5.11 controls with a 5.11 project (and 5.11 RW).
    Russell Drown
  • Klaus
    Options
    Hi Russ.
    I have try to copy the 3 UAS files as you sead but i stil get the same error on my FP HMI

Have you any other wy to get by the problem?

BR. Klaus

<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
    Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk
  • Hi RussD,
    Thank you very much for you response and sorry for my delay.

I have try that and It works perfect.

Klaus, Do you replace the files inside you user nane??

Thanks.

BR, Uisses
  • Klaus
    Options
    Hi Russ.

I have searched for all UAS files and replaced them on my C drive.

You can mybee try to send a copy of yours.

Best regards klaus.
    Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk