RobotStudio event

Remove Add-In .vs. Delete Add-In

Options

I have had a bad experience with workling with Add-Ins recently.

I wanted to just remove the reference that shows in the Add-In Browser for VSTA User Add-In - but not completely delete the project files.

Remove Add-In is always greyed out - not available for selection in any situation I could find or create.

Delete Add-In is available however - clicking on it deletes the add-in reference - and also deletes some of the project files on your hard disk (not all of them, just some of the ones under the root of the project sub-directory).

Should Delete Add-In Remove all of the files / sub directories?

When you use this option - where do the deleted files go? - seems they are gone forever because they do not show in the recylebin and they do not appear in the temp directory.

If you delete your project from the add-in browser - how can you recover it if you need to? The directories/files are not available in the recyclebin or the temp directory -

How come the Remove Add-In sub-item is never available? One would assume that the Remove Add-In would remove the reference int eh RS add-in browser - and leave the project files alone... <-- is this a correct assumption - or am I missing something?

Please explain the intended use/directives and expected results of the sub-menu items - they can not be found in the help ...

Most are self - explanitory as intended - but do not seem to work as one would interpret or assume to intend...

Is it possible to just remove the reference without destroying or completely deleting the project files?

If not - then what was the intended use of the "Remove Add-In"

Thomas H. Johnston
PACs Application Engineer

Comments

• Thomas J
    Options
    Any answers/pointers to the following questions?

Should Delete Add-In Remove all of the files / sub directories?

Where do the deleted files go?

How can you recover it if you need to?

How come the Remove Add-In sub-item is never available?

Please explain the intended use/directives and expected results of the sub-menu items.

Is it possible to just remove the reference without destroying or completely deleting the project files?

Thomas J2008-11-07 16:54:09
    Thomas H. Johnston
    PACs Application Engineer